1. What was one thing you learned from the simulations we played in class? How did this help you understand the essential questions better?
I learned how hard life was and how the towns people had to all communicate with each other. The biggest thing was how we had to agree on a lot of things and if one person or even two people disagreed then we would have to think of other things to solve the simulation.
2. Reading was a part of Cultural Encounters. When you read the books you were asked to think about your reading. What did you learn about your reading while doing this?
I found it very difficult to find information for my character. I did get some info about how my character lived. I never did find information on what my character's job really was.
3. Did the journal entries help you to better understand your character? Why or why not? Explain in detail.
It helped me but not a lot. I think that it was not much help because I think I already knew the best stuff for my character. I still might have needed a little more info but I think that I got most of the basics.
4. What was the best part of your presentation? How could it have been improved?
The best part in my groups presentation was that everyone had at least one or more lines to say. I think that we could of made the presentation a little bit longer and got more into the detail with our character. Other than that I think the presentation went well.
5. What was the biggest learning you gained from this unit? Explain with details.
The biggest learning was how we had to make our presentation like the olden days so that meant no new in the now days props.